Departure from Wesel by coach in the company of your hostess for the Dutch Open Air Museum in Arnhem, which is located in a beautiful wooded park (44 ha). Some 80 authentic farms, windmills, workshops, houses, barns, a church and a school provide an insight on the everyday life and architecture of yesteryear.
Inside every building, you’ll be intrigued by the typical furniture and the displays of various trades and crafts. Some of the buildings are grouped together, such as the beautiful Limburg timber-framed buildings or the Gelderland farms, but the most charming spot is without a doubt the area dedicated to the Zaan region, with its green painted wooden houses and tastefully decorated gables. Our visit will start with the renovated entrance pavilion and its good vantage point over the park and its many windmills. There are farming implements on display in many areas, like the collections center. The lower level gives access to the spectacular panoramic theater HollandRama. In this mobile capsule, films, sounds, lights, smells and temperatures evoke different scenes, from cityscapes to the confines of houses. Return on board by coach.
Duration : approx. 5:30
- Bags can be let to the left luggage office.
- Information in the museum (notice board) is given in Dutch, in English and in German.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.