Set off for the included guided visit to Nazareth. There will be a discovery tour of Nazareth, travelling through the lovely hills of Upper Galilee and the historic Jezreel Valley until you reach the spot where the Angel Gabriel told the Virgin Mary that she would give birth to the Messiah. Visit the Church of the Annunciation, the largest Catholic church in the Middle East and one of the holiest shrines in the Christian world. Continue to the Greek Orthodox Church of St Gabriel, where the water from an underground spring flows through the apse and into the adjacent Mary’s Well which you will also see. Then you will visit St Joseph’s Church, built in 1914 on the very spot believed to be the workshop of Joseph the carpenter.
- Duration: approximately 5 hours
- Non-revealing, modest clothing is essential (gentlemen should wear long trousers and ladies should have their shoulders and legs covered).
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of visits may be modified.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to pay on board).
- The excursions of the first evening and the morning following the embarkation are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.