Special nighttime tour of St. Mark’s Basilica just for our passengers: your guides will help you discover the most famous church in Venice and one of the finest examples of Byzantine architecture in the world (only through pre-reservations through your travel agency before departure). In 828, Venetian traders stole the relics of St. Mark from their original resting place in Egypt. A temporary chapel was built to house the relics, which later became a more substantial church. The present basilica, which incorporates the original buildings, was built in 1071. Its architecture, a mixture of Byzantine, Roman and Venetian, is the work of artists and craftsmen throughout the centuries and from all over the world.
- Length: Approx. 1 hour
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes: the tour is on foot.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Please note that these excursions are not offered on all the cruises.
- If there is not a minimum of 25 participants, the excursion will be cancelled or offered at a higher rate according to the number of participants (payment on board).
- Excursions on the evening of boarding or the morning after boarding are only guaranteed for pre-registered participants.